Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: LIV’s Representative Office in Taipei, Taiwan (NCCU campus)
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Two years, extendable
Legal Initiatives for Vietnam's mission is to build a democratic society in Vietnam through independent journalism, research, and education. LIV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization registered as a 501(c)(3) legal entity in California, United States in January 2017. However, the organization started operating in 2014 as a small project with four founding members.
As we grow, we are looking for a Chief Operating Officer to strengthen our management team.
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and the work of executives;
- Manage the organization’s assets (equipment, IT infrastructure…);
- Establish policies and monitor policies’ implementation;
- Advise the Co-Directors in strategic planning and strategy implementation.
- Monitor projects’ implementation;
- Document projects’ implementation;
- Manage projects’ budget;
- Assist Co-Directors in fundraising;
- Assist the reporting team in writing reports.
- Conduct recruiting and onboarding activities;
- Manage the training program;
- Conduct employee performance evaluation.
- Handle outward communications (newsletters, press releases, website updates, emails…);
- Conduct surveys on various issues concerning LIV’s products;
- Manage community engagement with readers/viewers, individual donors, and supporters.
- Extensive experience in management. Holding postgraduate degrees in business administration/ management is a plus;
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently. We prefer candidates who are capable of conducting business in Vietnamese language;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge about independent journalism, human rights, democracy, the rule of law, environmental protection, gender equality, and others.
- Salary: US$ 2,000 - $2,200 per month (negotiable, depending on your capacity);
- Medical and labor insurances in accordance with Taiwanese law;
- Holidays, annual leave, parental leave, and sick leave in accordance with Taiwanese law;
- Relocation package that assists you with settling in Taipei, Taiwan (if needed), including visa/ work permit sponsorship, airfare, and moving expenses, among others;
- Training and traveling opportunities in Taiwan and overseas.
- Résumé, including at least 02 references;
- Personal statement;
- Scanned copies of degrees and professional certificates (if any).
All documents should be in English and the PDF format. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with email title: [COO] - Your full name.
Deadline: July 31, 2022.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING AT LIV?
- Every employer claims to have a meaningful mission. We are no exception. We want to make democratic changes in Vietnam and contribute to the human rights movement in East and Southeast Asia through independent journalism, research, and civic education. If that is appealing to you, we can’t wait to see you!
- We collaborate with staff members and partners around the world: Vietnam, Taiwan, United States, Canada, Europe, Thailand, Australia and counting. That means both international traveling and working out of normal office hours.
- We value constructive criticism and innovative spirit. You are working with a bunch of movers and shakers here.
- We offer a significant degree of autonomy and flexibility. We don’t count the hours you spend at the office. You design and manage your work in a way that fits the office’s best interests and your personal preferences.
- Want to bring your children to the office? No problem. We will create suitable office conditions so you can take care of your children while working. Kids are gods, we know it.